The assignment consisted of the audit of the IT outsourcing contract between the Walloon Region and the GIEI, both legally and in terms of its implementation. The audit covered all elements of IT governance, strategic alignment, value generation, risk management, resource utilisation, monitoring... The findings of the mission led to the termination of the contract between the Region and the GIEI. Part of the mission consisted of resource evaluation necessary for the Walloon government to take back control of the information systems. To allow a successful move out of convention, the sourcing model had to be implemented. This audit was followed by a guidance assignment during the transition period.
The PSW Public Service is the result of the merger between the Ministry of Equipment and Transport (MET) and the Ministry of the Walloon Region (MRW). The new administration has more than 1000 agents and the internal IT department is managed by a team of fifty people.
2007: Audit under the contractual leadership of Ramboll Management according to CobiT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology) of ISACA
2008-2009: IT governance support assignment
Methodology – IT Governance
|QAP has developed a model for implementing IT governance based on seven governance principles:
- The context defines the values, ethics and code of conduct as a foundation for the other governance principles;
- The strategy ensures the alignment of IT strategy with the business and the organisational strategic objectives;
- The adequate achievement of investments and projects creates value;
- Risk management protects against threats and ensures the continuity of operations;
- Resource management optimises the use of financial, human, physical and intangible resources (eg. Software);
- The communication shall inform all stakeholders in an appropriate form at the right time. The stakeholder involvement is ensured by the implementation of adequate relational mechanisms;
- Steering and oversight allows decision taking based on performance measurements through key indicators and Balanced Scorecards.
QAP has an extensive experience in governance, project and program management, as well as in control and risk management.
For more information, contact Patrick Soenen via p.soenen[at]qap.eu.