Unique process consisting of a set of co-ordinated and controlled activities with start and finish dates, undertaken to achieve an objective conforming to specific requirements, including constraints of time, cost and resources.
Characteristics of a project:
- Unique, non-repetitive phases consisting of processes and activities.
- Have some degree of risk and uncertainty.
- Expected to deliver specified (minimum) quality results within pre-determined parameters
- Have planned start and finish dates, within clearly specified cost and resource constraints
- May be a long duration and subject to changing internal and external influences over time.