Become COBIT® 5 certified • Next course on 7-9 October '15 •
COBIT 5 Foundation course with Certification exam
The "CobiT® 5 Foundation" course learns you the basic principles of the COBIT 5 framework. Please find all details hereunter, and for additional information contact us.
COBIT 5 Foundation course brochures
COBIT 5 Foundation course description
This instructor‐led COBIT
® 5 Foundation
Training Course provides an overview of COBIT 5
, the new enterprise IT governance framework. The course will provide existing practitioners and potential new COBIT users’ excellent insight into the new framework and explain the differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5. Included in this course is an introduction to the new COBIT Assessment Programme using COBIT 5. This course enables participants to understand the issues and implications of IT governance and good computing practices, considered as support for the creation of value.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to
- Discuss how IT management issues affect organizations;
- Understand the principles the governance of enterprise IT and explain the differences between governance and management;
- Assess how the COBIT 5 processes help guide the creation of the five basic principles and the seven governance and management enablers;
- Discuss the COBIT 5: Enabling Processes guide, including the goals cascade and the process reference model;
- Describe the basics of how to implement COBIT 5;
- Understand the differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5 and what to consider when transitioning.;
- Explain the benefits of using COBIT 5;
- List the training, products and support ISACA provides for COBIT 5.
The target audience includes:
- Current COBIT 4.1 users needing to decide if they want to adopt COBIT 5
- Users who are new to COBIT, want to learn more about COBIT 5
- All core IT professionals working in audit, assurance, risk, security and governance.
The course is intended namely for
- Chief Executives
- Business management
- IT/IS auditors
- Internal auditors
- Information security and IT practitioners
- IT service managers.
- IT/IS management
- Anyone interested in learning more about COBIT 5
This certification is the mandatory entry point for the people looking to be certified as a COBIT® 5 Implementer ou COBIT® 5 Assessor.
- Module 1 – Overview and Key Features of COBIT 5
- The Reasons for the Development of COBIT 5
- The History of COBIT
- The Drivers for developing a Framework
- The Benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 Format & product Architecture
- COBIT 5 and other Frameworks
Module 2: The 5 Principles of COBIT 5
- Introducing the 5 Principles
- Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End‐to‐End
- Principle 3: Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Principle 5: Separating Governance from Management
- Module 3: The 7 Enablers of COBIT 5
- Review & Overview on Principle 4 - Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Enabler 1 - Principles, Policies and Framework
- Enabler 2 - Processes
- Enabler 3 - Organisational Structures
- Enabler 4 - Culture, Ethics and Behaviour
- Enabler 5 - Information
- Enabler 6 - Services, Infrastructure and Applications
- Enabler 7 - People, Skills and Competencies
Appendix - Walk Through on using Goals cascade to scope Processes
- Module 4: COBIT 5 Implementation
- The Life cycle Approach
- Inter related Components of the Life cycle
- Understanding the Enterprise internal and external factors
- Key success factors for implementation
- The 7 phases of the Life cycle model explained
- The 7 Change Enablement Characteristics used in the Life cycle
- Change Enablement Relationships to the Continual Improvement Life cycle
- Making the Business Case
- Appendix : Summary of the differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5
- Module 5 – Process Capability Assessment
- Introduction and Purpose of the Guide
- Syllabus Learning Areas & Topics
- Process Assessment explained
- What is a process assessment
- What is the COBIT Assessment Programme
- The differences between Capability and Maturity Assessment
- Differences to the COBIT 4.1 CMM
- Overview of the COBIT 5 Capability Model & Assessments
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement Framework
- Introduction to the Assessor Training Steps
- Module 6 –Exam preparation
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Mock Exam
Official COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam (40 minutes)
Participants should have experience in the IT governance domain.
To be validated, registration must include :
- Completed and signed registration form,
- Full payment of the Course and exam received by the beginning of the session.
The official exam COBIT® 5 Foundation ISACA/APMG is included in the COBIT® 5 Foundation and Certification training course package.
The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions covering all five areas of the COBIT®5 Foundation syllabus, to be answered in 40 minutes. This is a closed book exam. The certification is granted as soon as the candidate provides at least 25 correct answers (50%). The examination takes place immediately at the end of the course and is invigilated by an accredited invigilator.
Important information : the exam is provided in English only. There is no current plan to deliver the exam in local languages already communicated by ISACA.
- Participants receive a course book containing copies of all the course materials and the mock exam
- Each participant should bring the 2 following publications:
or the 2 paperback publications can be ordered along with the course at 100€ excl. VAT.
The training is provided by Patrick Soenen
(COBIT® 5 Foundation Accredited Trainer)- QAP is associated with AB Consulting accredited for the organisation of the COBIT 5 courses.
Brussels: 7 till 9th October 2015, course in English
New date- Luxemburg: 21 till 23 October 2015, course in English
Inhouse course on demand
1.450 Euro VAT excluded per person
Payment must be recieved at latest one week before the start of the training.
Opportunity to earn 20 CPE
Rue de la Régence, 58/ Regentschapstraat 58
Parking: Place Poelaert/Poelaertplein – Metro: Louise station
Rue Paffebruch 89C
L-8308 Mamer (Capellen)
Parking : On site